July 20 - Larry Ingram
July 20 - John Mitchell
July 8 - Steve Cutter
July 12 - Wayne Klingelsmith
August 1 - Sue McLaughlin
August 1 - Steve Spaanbroek
August 1 - Bill Payne
August 1 - Wayne Klingelsmith
August 1 - Steve Cutter
July 14-17 - ASHE Annual Conference
December 16-17 - All-staff December meeting
In the month of June MSL served 28 clients.
Thanks for all your hard work!
1 new client in June:
Adventist Healthcare White Oak Medical Center
Real comments and stories from the real impact we’re making!
A note from OSS Health
You have a great team. Really appreciate the opportunity to work with you.
We are getting things in order and should have everything where I want it to be within the next few months.
Thank you again!
AHSE ANNUAL 2019
Thanks to everyone that joined us for ASHE Annual 2019, and to Sue and Wayne for your great presentations!
Thanks so much for getting set up with slack!
Don’t forget we want to keep filling this channel with good comments from clients and success stories. Anything you may have in your email or notes that fits that description, go ahead and copy and paste it there. Examples include times where you see progress with customers, great things you hear while you are on site, etc.
A reminder from Premier
Premier wants to remind all consultants to use past tense in all of their reports. Please remember this request when conducting your next Premier mock survey.
A note about dress code
We would like to provide information regarding the MSL dress code policy when at professional conferences and/or at client locations. We did discuss this topic at the December meeting, but we are adding more clarification. Please follow the guidelines as described below. If you have questions, please contact Sue or Jan.
MSL Dress Code Policy
1. MSL logo apparel will be worn at professional conferences unless the employee will be speaking, when professional attire is appropriate.
2. For Life Safety Assessments, MSL logo apparel will be worn. It is acceptable to be more casual than during a mock survey.
3. For mock surveys with a partner, MSL logo apparel shall NOT be worn. Business attire is preferred, such as a dress shirt, tie, and dress pants.
4. For mock surveys through MSL direct clients, MSL logo apparel shall NOT be worn. Business attire is preferred, such as a dress shirt, tie, and dress pants.
5. For routine client visits, MSL logo apparel will be worn. It is acceptable to be more casual than during a mock survey.
Check our our the
new MSL Newsletter
Staring in July we will be sending a monthly newsletter to our existing clients. The newsletter is called “Safer Today” and will give our clients a quick way to keep up with trends and news in the industry as well as learn a little more about our team.
CLICK HERE to check out the July edition.
Please remember to get a new version of Illumination every time you do a mock survey. We have had some updates added lately that need to be reflected on the reports.
When adding pictures to your reports, please remember to follow these guidelines for the photo captions:
1. The format is ROOM/LOCATION: ISSUE. For example, Main Corridor: Obstructed egress or ATS Room: Open junction box or Central Sterile Decontamination Room: Dirty sprinkler head.
2. PLEASE do not include the entire finding verbiage as the picture caption. There is not much room for lengthy explanations in the picture caption. There is room for about 60 characters and then it cuts off.
3. PLEASE do not refer to the numbered list of your finding in the caption. For reference purposes, the location should be included in your finding AND the picture caption.
4. If you would like to see some examples of photo reports, please let Jan know.
Many of you have been including pictures lately, which is very good. One of our partners commented lately that the pictures are very valuable to our clients. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
Welcome to the client-facing portion of Illumination!
Safety is just a click away.…
Part of the MSL commitment to an uncommon pursuit of healthcare safety is the development of new tools and technologies like MSL Spotlight. Our new safety management platform.
- A secure view of your assessments on your mobile
- Track trends and analytics in your scores
- Communicate securely with MSL consultants